Monday, July 21, 2014

Fine Gardening Magazine Feature!









Today I'm posting a blog post of a blog post.  A month or so ago, I submitted a photo of my garden to Fine Gardening magazine in response to a "casting call" on their Facebook page, looking for gardens to feature in their blog.  I didn't really expect to hear anything back, but a few days later, I got an email from them requesting more photos and more information about me and my garden.  I scrambled to find some good pictures.  Funny, it turns out that I take WAY more photos of other people's gardens than I do of my own.  I generally snap photos for inspiration, not for documentation.  And, the idea of taking photos in July was not a thrilling prospect--my garden had just been cut back hard and was in "recovery mode" from it's June splendor.  Not looking it's best.  But with a little searching, I did come up with a handful of photos and sent them in, along with some information about me and my gardening philosophy.





 I was tickled pink that Fine Gardening notified me last week that my garden was being featured this week!  One could be tempted to let one's head swell if their garden were featured as Fine Gardening Magazine's Garden of the Day.  But that will never happen, as all I need to do is walk out into my yard and see how much work I still have ahead of me to build the garden I dream of having.  In the meantime, though, a little encouragement never hurts!!

Click on this link to go to the Fine Gardening Magazine blog:  Kirstin's Young "From Scratch" Garden in Illinois

No comments:

Post a Comment